Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 2 of Challenge

So yesterday was my first day at the gym and I loved it! Started out on the treadmill for a 30 min walk then 15 min on the stationary bike and 10 on the stair master. After this workout I had energy all day. I felt so good!

Today, I was on the treadmill for 45 min walk and 10 min on the stationary bike.

I didn't think I was going to enjoy the gym. I had this misconception that everyone was going to be fit and would look at me weird but it was the other way around. There were people there of all walks of life, fat and slim. No one looked at me wrong and I was so relieved to feel good about being there. Anyway, I have been putting going to the gym for years and now I feel, I've been missing out. ;)

Okay, my plan is to:
  • Work out 5 days a week for atleast an hour a day.
  • Continue drinking 1 gallon of water a day.
  • Watch my food intake/calories.
  • Track my workouts.
  • Blog daily
For a month now, I have started to cut down on the food and sweets I normally eat. I've had a really hard time trying to figure out how to eat healthy and have been adjusting my diet slowly. My normal diet consisted on rice and beans, fried meats, fried appetizers and sweet desserts. Yes, I'm latina. It can be really challenging to change the way you eat, especially if you're used to certain foods. So, I still eat them but in small portions. I have, however, stopped eating fried meats. I bake them or use my Foreman Grill to grill them.

With the few changes I have made with my diet alone in a month I have lost 6 lbs! From 279-273! May not seem like a lot but it does give me some kind of hope that I can do this.

Here's my now picture that someday will be a before picture.


Your probably wondering why I made the bold move of putting my picture for all to see? It's actually a reminder to myself what I don't want to go back to when I do lose the weight.

Okay...that's it for now. I will be back to tell you more about my journey. Stay tuned!!

0 comments:

Blog Design by

 
Premade Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio